Europe is a continent full of rich culture, beautiful landscapes, and delicious cuisine. It is also home to many excellent vacation destinations for parents who wish to explore the world with their children. Therefore, we have gathered here the best countries in Europe for traveling with children to help our readers plan their next vacation!
France is a magnificent country famous for its natural beauty, incredible architecture, art, fashion, and cuisine of the highest level. As one of the most popular countries among travelers, it is no surprise that France is one of the best countries in Europe to travel with children!
Top things to do in France with kids:
- Disneyland Paris: this is an attraction that you should not miss while in France with children. With many toys, play areas, parades and shows, children will also get to see their favorite Disney characters and enjoy a lot.
- Eiffel Tower: this is a place that most children dream of visiting. Be sure to climb to the top of the tower for an incredible view of Paris. Have lunch in the restaurant as well.
- Palace of Versailles: the palace is so big that you need a golf cart to explore it. If you have older children, they will enjoy the story and the younger ones will love the park area where they can run and play.
- Nice: is one of France’s top family destinations and is full of many attractions, from the beach to Piazza Rossetti, to Park de la Colline du Chateau and much more.
- Parc Asterix: is a theme park with numerous roller coasters and a large adventure play area.
Even though it is one of the most expensive countries in Europe, Sweden is a fun and easy place to travel with children of all ages, from babies to teenagers. The country was even voted as one of the best places in Europe for children.
The country is full of attractions and activities designed specifically for children. There are many museums and galleries for great educational visits, as well as zoos and amusement parks to keep children entertained, making the country one of the best countries in Europe to travel with children.
Top things to do in Sweden with kids:
- Liseberg Amusement Park: this attraction is full of toys and also hosts large-scale events, such as shows that will entertain the little ones.
- Vasamuseet (Vasa Museum): this is a unique experience for children, as they will be able to explore the ruins of a warship, as well as being a picture-perfect attraction that could easily be one of the most instagrammable places in the world.
- Medieval Week, Gotland: a unique experience for children as they can learn what life was like in medieval times while experiencing activities of the time. This week takes place during the month of August.
- Kamelranch: is a ranch where your children will get hands-on experience with some farm animals.
- Skansen: Sweden’s miniature museum is an amazing attraction for children that is outdoors during summer and winter.
Harry Potter country is a great place to go with kids. With many historical landmarks, amazing accents, and free activities for little ones, England is one of the best countries in Europe to travel with children. Your children will have many things to do in this country, from roller coaster rides to adventure trails, impressive performances and museums for children
Top things to do in England with kids:
- Science Museum: a stunning place for children, where they will learn about the physical world and the people who helped advance our understanding of the world.
- Legoland: theme park with many exciting adventures, from interactive adventures to Lego-themed roller coasters.
- Natural History Museum: this is a museum where your kids will be able to see dinosaur fossils and eggs and other fascinating dinosaur collections.
- Zipworld: an otherworldly underground environment with zip-lines, climbing straps, and also a huge inflatable hammock. The things to do here are so much fun that they will leave your children exhausted.
- Tower of London: perfect place to go if you want to learn about the history of London and England as a whole. You can explore this tower and then see the famous Traitors’ Gate.
Denmark is popular for its numerous palaces and castles with fascinating scenery, and this is a perfect place to go if you love and want to learn about history. The country is also ideal for families, with many outdoor attractions that you can experience. Your children will have many interesting things to spend their energy on while visiting this country.
Top things to do in Denmark with kids:
- Go for a walk in Copenhagen Zoo: This is one of the oldest zoos in Europe and is the best place to go with children. There is also a children’s zoo for young children for them to interact with the animals, such as dwarf goats and so on.
- Visit the Maritime Museum: a unique underground museum and is a perfect place to go with your children, as they will learn about Denmark’s maritime history.
- Have fun at Legoland: a theme park with lots of fun things waiting for your kids with its numerous toys and themed areas they can explore.
- Visit the Little Mermaid statue: a unique experience for your children who are in love with princesses – and for adults too.
- Watch the wild horses of Langeland: this is a perfect opportunity for your children to see the herds of horses that run free all over the island.
Italy is a stunning country with a magical experience for families. The children will be treated like princes and princesses, which will make the trip delightful for them. There are many attractions for the whole family and iconic sights that can be explored in this country that is one of the best countries in Europe to travel with children.
Top things to do in Italy with kids:
- Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa: Your children will marvel at this leaning tower and have fun running around on the grassy playground right in front of it.
- Eat gelato: this is one of the special treats that you can use to pamper your children during your trip to Italy, which is available everywhere in Italy.
- Relax on the stunning Amalfi Coast: this is a magnificent tourist town with stunning scenery and an iconic old building that you can explore.
- Learn about the past in Pompeii: This is one of the adventurous and exciting things to do in Italy, as you will learn about the lives of the people in Pompeii.